1. NO CONTRIBUTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The FSU50/50 (the "Raffle") is sponsored by the Seminole Boosters, Inc. (the "Foundation") a Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. The Foundation is the official funding organization of the Florida State Seminoles (the "Seminoles"). Raffle is only offered in the state of Florida (the "Raffle Area"). Void outside the Raffle Area and where prohibited.
2. The Raffle raises funds to support half is in turn directed deposited into the Athletic Scholarship fund, which goes to endowing over 500 student-athletes. Prize is either funded by the Foundation. The Raffle will be conducted during the Florida State Athletics home games (the "Game").
3. The Foundation's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Raffle. Raffle tickets will be available as follows:
4. Multiple raffle tickets will be consolidated in a single receipt at the time acquired (each, a "Raffle Ticket"), such that each Raffle Ticket will bear one (1) or more unique identification numbers (each, a "Raffle Ticket Number"), which numbers will be used to determine the winner. Drawing to determine the winning Raffle Ticket Number ("Winning Ticket Number") will be held during the third (3rd) period of the Game or within a reasonable time thereafter. You do not have to be present to win.
5. Raffle Tickets are valid only for the Drawing on the selected raffle dates. No refunds will be made, except as otherwise determined by Foundation in its sole discretion. Raffle Ticket donations are not tax deductible.
6. Raffle is subject to all federal, state and local laws. The Foundation shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed ? including but not limited to rules regarding Raffle Tickets, deadlines, Winning Ticket Number selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility ? and all such decisions are final. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and/or in any other Raffle and/or Raffle-related advertising or materials.
7. The winner will be issued any Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") tax forms or other required documentation and/or reporting forms for the ARV of the prize awarded if required and the winner is solely and exclusively responsible for all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of prize. The Foundation is required by law to withhold and remit taxes to the IRS on winner's behalf a percentage of prize awarded (such percentage as determined by the IRS at its discretion, currently equal to twenty-four percent (24%)) (the "Withholding Amount") if the value of such prize exceeds $5,000 and the winner is a citizen or resident alien of the United States with a Social Security number (different rules as promulgated by the IRS apply for nonresident aliens and for resident aliens and citizens of the United States who do not have a Social Security number) or as otherwise required by law.
8. To be eligible, each participant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and present in the Raffle Area (above) at the time of entry.
Prize & ODDS
9. Prize (1): Fifty dollars ($50.00) or fifty percent (50%) of the Net Raffle Proceeds (defined below), whichever is greater. (The actual amount received by winner will be reduced by the Withholding Amount (defined above) if any). Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $50 min.
10. "Net Raffle Proceeds" shall mean the total Raffle proceeds collected through Raffle Ticket donations less a maximum of eight percent (8%) to cover royalties, staffing, and other equipment-related costs.
11. The odds of winning depend on the number of Raffle Ticket Numbers distributed.
12. All prize details shall be at the Foundation's sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, and fees. Any person who wins prizes through any Foundation-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS MISC 1099 form or other required tax form.
13. The right to receive the prize is not transferrable. Any portion of the prize not accepted by winner is forfeited and no substitute will be offered or permitted. Prize may not be substituted except that the Foundation in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
14. Prize offered is provided "as is" with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by the Foundation. The Foundation has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize. Other restrictions apply.
15. Raffle Tickets will be available during the open windows (varies by sport). The suggested minimum contribution ("Suggested Minimum Contribution") for the Raffle Tickets will be displayed or posted where Raffle Tickets are available (online and in person). To obtain Raffle Tickets during the Entry Periods:
a. In Person at Stationary Kiosks: Raffle Tickets will be available at FSU Athletic facilities at stationary Kiosks located at various places.
b. In Person from Representatives: Raffle Tickets will be available from Uniformed Raffle Representatives located throughout the venues.
c. Online: You may purchase Raffle Tickets online at fsu5050.com by following the instructions to complete an official raffle form with all required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, age or date of birth (the "Required Information") and the number of Raffle Tickets you wish to purchase and completing the transaction. DATA RATES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE Raffle. WIRELESS SERVICE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL AREAS.
d. NO CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY: You may obtain Raffle Tickets without making a purchase or contribution during the Entry Period by visiting the Moore Athletic Center (2nd floor marketing office) and completing an official raffle form with all Required Information.
Regardless of method, Raffle Tickets will only be available during the Entry Period and all participants may be required to present a photo identification as a condition of obtaining Raffle Tickets.
These are the only methods of entry. Raffle Tickets will not be distributed or available via U.S. mail, e-mail, or any other method.
16. Regardless of method, all Raffle Tickets must be obtained (and/or entries completed) no later than the end of the third quarter. Non-winning Raffle Tickets will not carry forward to any subsequent promotions.
17. Participants who fail to provide any Required Information may be disqualified without further notification by the Foundation. The Foundation is not responsible for Raffle Tickets that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, altered, tampered with, counterfeit, unauthenticated, or late for any reason, and all such Raffle Tickets are void. The Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time to disqualify any Raffle Ticket that, or participant who, does not comply with these Official Rules in its sole discretion.
WINNING TICKET SELECTION & ANNOUNCEMENT
18. Random Drawing: During the third quarter break, the Foundation or its designee will randomly choose one (1) Winning Ticket Number from all timely Raffle Tickets distributed during the Entry Period. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the requirements below, the person who presents the Raffle Ticket bearing the matching Winning Ticket Number (the "Winning Raffle Ticket") will be declared the winner. You do not have to be present to win.
19. Announcement: The Winning Ticket Number will be announced as follows:
a. During Game: The Winning Ticket Number will be announced over the Public Address System and displayed on the Arena's Videoboards after Drawing and during the Game.
b. After Game: The Winning Ticket Number will be posted on fsu5050.com within twenty-four (24) hours of the Drawing and individuals can also find out the Winning Ticket Number by contacting the Foundation's Raffle representative at (850) 644-2559 during regular business hours (week days from 9:00 AM ET to 5:00 PM ET) after the Game.
21. In order to claim the prize, the potential winner must present the original Winning Raffle Ticket to the Foundation and present and/or execute all required Verification Paperwork (all as described below) no later than within ten (10) calendar days of the Game (or the next business day if the tenth (10th) calendar day falls on a weekend or holiday) (the "Claims Period").
22. Original Ticket Presentation: The potential winner will have to provide the Winning Raffle Ticket to the Marketing office ? Moore Athletic Center- UCD 2nd floor Tallhassee, FL 32306
23. Upon presentation of the Winning Raffle Ticket during the Claims Period, the Foundation will verify that such Raffle Ticket bears the Winning Ticket Number and is the authentic Winning Raffle Ticket (with the date upon which the Winning Raffle Ticket is presented to the Foundation being hereinafter referred to as the "Delivery Date"), the Foundation will photograph and retain the Winning Raffle Ticket and shall provide the potential winner with written verification that he or she has presented the Winning Raffle Ticket. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost or stolen Raffle Tickets or Raffle Tickets redeemed in error by their agents.
24. Verification Paperwork: The Foundation may require the potential winner to provide his/her mailing address ("Mailing Address"), telephone number, and other contact information, an executed (and if required, notarized) Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, a completed W-9 tax form, and two (2) forms of identification satisfying the requirements for completion of the W-9, including at least one (1) valid government-issued photo identification (collectively, the "Verification Paperwork") during the Claims Period.
25. Any transportation or other expenses needed to satisfy the Original Ticket Presentation and Verification Paperwork requirements shall be the winner's sole responsibility and will not be furnished or paid for by the Foundation.
26. Within thirty (30) days of the winner's compliance with all Original Ticket Presentation and Verification Paperwork requirements and procedures above, the Foundation shall either, in its discretion, (i) mail a check in payment of the prize, less the Withholding Amount, if any, to the winner at the Mailing Address, or (ii) in Foundation's sole discretion and for security purposes, send the prize, less the Withholding Amount, if any, to the winner via wire transfer to a confirmed bank account provided by the winner.
27. If the potential winner (a) fails to fully comply with any Original Ticket Presentation and Verification Paperwork requirements and procedures above during the Claims Period, (b) fails otherwise to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, the Foundation in its discretion may disqualify that individual and he/she will forfeit the prize, which will then revert to the Foundation.
28. The Foundation will not be required to attempt to notify or locate the holder of Winning Raffle Ticket in any manner other than the Announcement methods above. Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for the failure of any person to review the Raffle Page or contact the Foundation for the Winning Ticket Number or for otherwise being unaware that he or she may possess the Winning Raffle Ticket, or for otherwise failing to fully and timely comply with all Original Ticket Presentation and Verification Paperwork requirements and procedures above. Any purported Winning Raffle Ticket presented to the Foundation outside the Claims Period or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules shall be null and void.
29. The Foundation may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winner's name on the Raffle Page and/or any of the Foundation's websites, and fsu5050.com and on or in any of the Foundation's social media pages or channels.
30. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award the Foundation the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on the Foundation's websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
31. By participating in the Raffle, you agree that the Released Parties: (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for Raffle Tickets that for any reason are not properly distributed or presented by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle, the printing of this offer or any Raffle Tickets, the administration of the Raffle, the selection or announcement of the Winning Ticket Number, winner or prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in the Raffle or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible forunauthorized human intervention in any part of the Raffle; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select the Winning Ticket Number or winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Raffle, the distribution of Raffle Tickets, selection of Winning Ticket Number, verification of the Winning Raffle Ticket or winner, the prize or otherwise in any Raffle Tickets, receipts, or other Raffle-related and/or Raffle-related materials.
32. RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Raffle OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF THE prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Raffle PAGE OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Raffle.
33. By participating in the Raffle, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation, or inability to participate, in the Raffle, or any Raffle-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Raffle; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of the prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
34. By participating in the Raffle, you agree that the Released Parties: (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for Tickets that for any reason are not properly distributed or presented by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Raffle, or in the selection or announcement of the Winning Ticket or the Grand Prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Raffle or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Raffle; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Raffle-related materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Raffle, the distribution of Raffle Tickets, the selection of Winning Ticket, the prize or otherwise in any Raffle-related materials.
35. RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO GRAND PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE RAFFLE OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE RAFFLE OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE RAFFLE.
36. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Raffle should Sponsor determine, in its sole discretion, that any virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond its control have corrupted or affected the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Raffle. In such case, Sponsor will select the Winning Number from all eligible entries received prior to the aforesaid action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for, and reserves the right to correct, typographical, clerical, or printing errors in any Raffle-related materials, including these Official Rules. Sponsor may exclude, disqualify, or terminate participation in the Raffle to any entrant who, in Sponsor's sole discretion: (a) ignores these Official Rules; (b) acts in a manner Sponsor determines to not be fair; (c) acts with an intent to annoy, threaten, or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; (d) acts in any other disruptive manner; or (e) tampers with the entry process. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen Tickets. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Raffle, which changes will become effective upon publication of revised Official Rules at fsu5050.com/rules.
37. CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
38. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, the potential winner, and Sponsor in connection with any Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction) that might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to any Raffle or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the State of Florida.
39. WINNER'S IDENTITY: For the name of the Grand Prize winner of the Raffle, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Florida State Athletics, Attn: 50/50 Raffle, 403 Stadium Drive West, Tallahassee, Florida 32306.
40. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Raffle is Seminole Boosters, Inc. A copy of these Official Rules is available at the aforesaid office address during the Sponsor Business Hours (which are Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. ET to 5:30 P.M. ET), at fsu5050.com/rules, and will be sent by mail if request is accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
FSU trademarks, service marks and copyrights are proprietary to FSU. All Rights Reserved.
© Copyright 2018